VHF Marine Radio Course
An online VHF Marine Radio course that makes learning engaging and easy. This professionally developed course is not just a bunch of text or videos, but a feature rich learning experience. Videos offer clear explanations, diagrams and demonstrations. Other activities promote learning and engagement. Quizzes help consolidate learning and identify areas for further revision. Self-paced, start anytime.
In this VHF marine radio online course you will understand how to operate your VHF unit for routine calling and in an emergency. Also covers EPRIBs, DSC and AIS to ensure you can use all electronic safety equipment. By understanding the principles of a VHF radio you will understand its limitations and avoid problems. We also cover troubleshooting and the all-important power supply (aka battery). And we have some fun along the way.
By the end of the course you will be well-prepared to ace the ACMA Short Range Operator Certificate of Proficiency (SROCP) exam which is required for ICC and to register an MMSI for a VHF unit in Australia. Exams are offered monthly and are also online, at-home exams.
Click ‘Course Page’ below to enrol.
Course Screen Shots
Key Concepts Covered
- Parts and operation of a VHF radio
- How to call for help in an emergency
- Communicating with other vessels at sea
- Use of Digital Selective Calling (DSC)
- Other maritime distress and safety systems
- Maintenance and emergency repairs of power supply and radio equipment
- 9 lessons of 30-40 mins each
- Approx. 5 hrs total
- Course fee $99 incl. GST
- Online exam fee is an extra $88 plus $89 OMC exam fee paid directly by you to OMC.